News Burst 6 July 2020 – Featured News
- A South Korean shelter for surviving victims of Japan’s wartime sexual slavery is set to be closed as the last resident has recently left the place, the operator of the shelter said Saturday. Surviving victim Gil Won-ok, 92, left the shelter on June 11 to stay at a church operated by her 61-year-old step son and priest. South Korea currently has 17 surviving victims of the wartime sex slavery. Historians say that around 200,000 Asian women, mostly Koreans, were forcibly sent to front-line brothels to provide sexual services for Japanese soldiers.
- On Thursday, Minnesota Democrat Governor Time Walz asked President Trump for federal disaster declaration in the state, due to mass destruction in damages amid the rioting following the killing of George Floyd last month. The governor’s office estimates that the cost of damage to over 1,500 businesses throughout the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul is over $500 million. Walz also asked the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to assist financially, to help cover the cost of “debris removal, emergency measures and damage to public buildings and equipment.”
- Philippines — A fisherman was injured after he was attacked by a crocodile in Balabac, Palawan on Thursday. Janilon Amalong, 25, was fishing with his uncle when the incident occurred in a river in Barangay Catagupan around 1 a.m. The victim was taken to a hospital for treatment.
- Thousands of villagers have fled their homes in Myanmar’s Rakhine state after a local administrator warned dozens of village leaders that the army planned “clearance operations” against insurgents. The warning to the village leaders came in a letter written on Wednesday. This year the Myanmar army has been fighting the AA, a group from the largely Buddhist Rakhine ethnic group that is seeking greater autonomy for the western region, also known as Arakan. “Clearance operations” is the term the Myanmar authorities used in 2017 to describe operations against insurgents from Rakhine’s Muslim-minority Rohingya people.
- Books written by prominent Hong Kong democracy activists have started to disappear from the city’s libraries, online records show, days after Beijing imposed a draconian national security law on the finance hub. Among the authors whose titles are no longer available are Joshua Wong, one of the city’s most prominent young activists, and Tanya Chan, a well known pro-democracy lawmaker.
- Philippine rescuers were searching Monday for 14 people missing after a local fishing boat collided with a cargo ship, authorities said. The boats crashed early Sunday in waters southwest of Manila, capsizing the Philippine fishing vessel. The Philippines has a poor shipping safety record, with scores dying in mishaps at sea each year, usually aboard wooden-hulled outriggers that move people from one small island to another.
- The German state of North Rhine Westphalia has uncovered an enormous pedophile ring of at least 30,000 pedophiles who share child pornography and exchange advice regarding how to drug and rape babies and young children. “I hadn’t reckoned with the extent of child abuse on the internet,” said state Justice Minister Peter Beisenbach. Pedophilia is entrenched in “high society” around the world and there is “proof” that elite pedophiles are sex trafficking children for their deranged pleasure.
- June 2020 Update to Sealed Cases. 6,777 new, 179,178 entered 10/30/17 thru 6/30/20. Average: 5,973 per month.
- Is it any surprise that Jeffery Epstein’s madam/groomer Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested days after Attorney General Bill Barr fired New York’s federal attorney Geoffrey Berman? Maxwell was picked up on Thursday in New Hampshire by the feds and NYPD task force on criminal charges of abusing young women. The charges include:
- Conspiracy to entice minors to engage in illegal sex acts
- Conspiracy to transport minors to engage in illegal sex acts
- Transportation of a minor to engage in illegal sex acts
Maxwell was allegedly in New Hampshire since the beginning of this year after secretly buying the property. So why did it only take five days after replacing Berman to arrest her? Was the Southern District of New York slow walking the investigation? Interesting how ex-FBI Director James Comey’s daughter Maurene was thanked by Acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss during Thursday’s press conference. During the press conference Strauss said that the SDNY’s Public Corruption Unit would be handling the prosecution as opposed to the Violent and Organized Crime Unit where the SDNY’s human and sex trafficking coordinators are located. What the case assignment to Public Corruption Unit means is up to speculation right now.
- After videos of flooding in cities below the vaunted Three Gorges Dam surfaced over the weekend and residents complained that they were being sacrificed to save the dam, the Chinese government on Monday (June 29) finally admitted that it had released floodwaters from its spillways for the first time this year. On Saturday (June 27), videos began to surface on social media showing intense flooding in Hubei Province’s Yichang City, which lies directly below the Three Gorges Dam. Residents suspected that the flooding was related to an emergency flood discharge from the sluices of the monster dam. The Communist Party government initially claimed that the dam was only engaged in standard “power generation” operations. However, on Monday, Beijing finally admitted that the dam had implemented its first “floodwater discharge” of the year and that a new wave of flooding is heading toward the Three Gorges catchment area, which covers one million km². Due to heavy rainfall in the middle and upper reaches of the Yangtze River, the flow of water into the Three Gorges Reservoir has continued to increase. On Monday, China’s state-run mouthpiece Xinhua News Agency reported that the dam’s operators had opened two spillways that morning, marking the first official flood discharge from the mammoth structure this year.
- Armed officers smashed down the front door of Ghislaine Maxwell’s secret hideaway before hauling her off in handcuffs. FBI spy planes flew above the £800,000 home, Tuckedaway, where Maxwell was staying from 4.20am – four hours before the bust – to ensure she didn’t flee. The raid on the 156-acre property where Maxwell was staying in Bradford, New Hampshire, swung into action at 8.20am on Thursday when 24 armed FBI agents, officers from the local police force, New York police and New Hampshire’s gang task force used bolt-cutters to break the lock on a metal gate leading to the secluded property that she bought for cash last December. Despite having £16 million in the bank and British, French and US passports, Maxwell’s lawyers strategically told her not to leave the US after Epstein’s suicide. ‘They will argue she had a chance to leave but did not. That will go in her favour as far as making bail,’ said an insider. ‘It’s likely she will have her passports seized and wear an ankle monitor. Her lawyers will also offer round-the-clock security to prove she’s not a flight risk.’
- According to Chinese state-controlled media reports, TikTok owner ByteDance has invested more than $1 billion to build its vast Indian user base, and now faces losses of as much as $6 billion, as hundreds of millions of users are cut off. Initially, it seemed that the restrictions would simply halt new installs. TikTok saw more than 100 million downloads in May, double those in the U.S. But then it became clear that access for existing users would be restricted as well, severing the earnings of countless influencers and bitesize video stars across the country. The ban in India has made headlines—the problems for TikTok, though, are much worse. This is likely just the start of a clampdown that has been months if not years in the making and which threatens to undermine the staggering success the platform has enjoyed, becoming one of the soaraway stars of the coronavirus lockdown. India didn’t just ban TikTok, it banned 58 other apps, including major titles from other Chinese tech giants. But the commercial impact on TikTok was greater than the rest combined.
News Burst 6 July 2020 – Bonus IMG
Over 36 hours since a team of rescuers and officials of the Vadodara forest department began an operation to catch a crocodile from the Dev river in Vadodara district, India, the 13-foot mugger finally walked towards the bait on Sunday morning. Rescuers had set up a trap to lure the crocodile after he attacked and killed a 54-year-old woman who was washing clothes on the banks of the river, on Friday. The crocodile dragged away the woman by her leg, a major portion of which was bitten off by the mugger, during the hour-long fight with villagers who were trying to rescue the woman. This was the third crocodile attack on humans this year and second fatal one. In May, the same crocodile dragged away another woman in a similar way about a kilometre away. Dev River in Waghodia is known for crocodile attacks during monsoon.
News Burst 6 July 2020 – Bonus Video
News Burst 6 July 2020 – Solar Activity
Solar wind is slightly intensified due to a coronal hole stream. Geomagnetic conditions are quiet. Plasma filament activity is increasing and will be monitored along with active region production.
News Burst 6 July 2020 – Active Weather
Disturbance 1: 20% Chance of Cyclone Formation in 48 Hours
As of 2:00 pm EDT Sun Jul 5 2020. Recent satellite and radar observations indicate that a small low pressure system has formed within a broader area of low pressure near the northern Gulf Coast. The low is producing a few showers near its center, and some slight development is possible before it moves inland early Monday. The broader low pressure system is forecast to move northeastward and could emerge offshore of the Carolinas later this week, where environmental conditions are expected to be more conducive for development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20%
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40%
News Burst 6 July 2020 – Earthquakes
July 5 2020
Europe M3.8 Greece
North America M5.5 Alaska
Central America M4.5 Mexico
South America M4.3 Chile
Asia M4.8 India
Pacific M5.9 Vanuatu
Deepest EQ M4.4 477 km Fiji
Last 12 hours earthquakes in Europe, mitigated down [+++] by 1 magnitude unit.
American Airlines passenger jet encountered an unidentified flying object (UFO) over northeastern New Mexico. The incident took place on Sunday afternoon around 1 pm CST. Steven Douglass published a recording on his blog Deep Black Horizon about a transmission by the pilot of flight 2292, which American Airlines confirmed.
A group of nearly 70 ‘believers’ gathered in Dublin in December to carry out an ‘Exorcism of the Dail’ ritual while the country was under COVID lockdown.
Cybersecurity researchers today unwrapped a new campaign aimed at spying on vulnerable Tibetan communities globally by deploying a malicious Firefox extension on target systems. Threat actors aligned with the Chinese Communist Party’s state interests delivered a customized malicious Mozilla Firefox browser extension that facilitated access and control of users’ Gmail accounts.
Clicks on the Ads Keep Us Alive ✨
- 2021 Server & Site Tech Support 4200 € 64% 64%
Support Disclosure News Italia
We are working hard, and every day, to keep this blog. Like you we are fighting for the truth. If you want to work with us you are welcome, please email us! The blog costs are at our expense, advertising reimburse us very marginally so if you like our work and find it useful buy usacoffee clicking the donation button below that will directu to your PayPal. We need the help of people like you!
Bitcoin & Cryptocurrencies Donation